M-CO is looking for a Project Manager
M-CO is looking for a motivated project manager to join our multidisciplinary team.
The right candidate will likely have 3+ years of experience in project management and will work with the wider M-CO team to deliver a professional and dedicated consultancy service to our public sector clients.
The initial role will involve working in the day-to-day project management of a complex healthcare project, including ongoing administration, analysis of policy documents, preparing briefings and writing reports on various topics under the remit of this project.
The role will suit someone keen to progress in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
Position: Project Manager
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Location: M-CO Offices, Capel Street Dublin 1 – with some time-based in client offices in Dublin centre and some remote work available
Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Closing date for applications: 9.00 am Tuesday 10th May
Start: June 2022
Salary: Competitive – Commensurate with experience
Based in the heart of Dublin 1 on Capel St, M-CO is a multidisciplinary strategic design and project management consultancy. We are a team of over 30 people including strategic project managers, service designers, researchers, strategists, sociologists, architects, environmentalists, engineers, designers, writers, and creators.
We collaborate with organisations to design and deliver projects that create vibrant societies. With our clients, we work on challenges and in sectors that people care about (Health, Climate Action, Education, Community, Places & Environment and Arts Culture & Tourism).
At the heart of our approach is our deep experience in connecting ideas, people, and action. As the people we work with say: we’re thinkers and doers.
Through our multidisciplinary team, we offer a range of services to address complex challenges including, Change & Project Management, Design & Communications, Research & Policy Development, Engagements & Consultation and Strategy Development & Implementation.
If this sounds like a team, you would like to be part of, we would love to hear from you!
About the Role
The initial role is a client-focused role, in which the successful candidate will be required to work with the M-CO team project managing a complex project for our client partner. The successful candidate will be expected to work internally as part of the M-CO project team and must also be comfortable working with, and reporting to, senior management teams within the client organisation.
The ability and motivation to foster good relationships across multiple stakeholders, and to work across multiple teams at the same time, is essential.
There will also be opportunities to work on other M-CO projects across a range of sectors and services, and with diverse clients.
- Developing comprehensive and concise verbal or written briefings and strategic reports for the client on the project or specific topics – a high level of attention to detail, copywriting & editing skills is essential
- Utilising project management tools and processes to support the successful coordination of integral aspects of project delivery, such as Gantt Charts, Meetings Managers, Actions tracker
- Writing & presenting project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members
- Undertaking key administration for the project, including arranging meetings, developing agendas, and circulation of papers.
- Maintaining shared project files, archives, email management, and project management tools, ensuring they are readily available to the appropriate authority at short notice
- Tracking and monitoring project deliverables
- Maintaining own knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices including relevant regulations and legislation to perform the role effectively
- Developing responses to queries related to projects, including FOIs, Parliamentary Questions, and Press Queries
Skills and Qualifications
The right candidate will be willing to develop new skills and implement innovative strategic thinking to resolve complex problems. We are looking for someone who is both team-oriented but also brings a mature approach to work and is capable of driving their own workload.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as healthcare, science, psychology, research, social science, public policy, public administration or in any other relevant subject
- 3+ years experience in project management, policy analysis, or co-ordination
- Project planning and management
- Excellent writing and editing skills with a high level of accuracy and experience contributing to the development of reports and corporate documents
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills and the ability to manage time efficiently across projects and workstreams
- Ability to analyse and summarise complex information into concise briefings
- High level of attention-to-detail
- Strong verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work as part of a number of different teams, and to manage competing demands under pressure
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be comfortable working directly with senior-level management
- Project Management qualification
- Postgraduate qualification
- Workshop skills and experience in facilitation
- Experience in health, public or policy analysis
- Experience in research design and delivery e.g., surveys, scoping reviews, database development
What We Offer
For the right candidate, M-CO offers:
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Opportunities to progress within the company
- Opportunities to work on diverse projects with a range of clients and across multiple sectors
- Opportunity to avail of professional development courses such as Project Management Certifications and other relevant training
- Opportunity to work in the heart of Dublin city
- Opportunity to work as part of a friendly & inclusive team
How to Apply
Suitable candidates should apply by emailing a copy of their CV and Cover Letter to Marion Weymes at email@example.com with the subject title ‘M-CO Project Manager Position’ before 9:00 on Tuesday 10th of May.
Recruitment agencies, please note we do not require your support at this time.